- Fantastic Team
- 3min read
- Published: June 2, 2020
- Views: 45
Antiviral Sanitisation for Schools
This Monday (01.06), millions of children are returning to school after two months of social distancing. However, some parents are still very concerned and opting to keep their children at home. With teachers wearing face shields and students having their temperature checked before they enter the classroom, the signs of the pandemic continue to trouble and worry us all.
Is it safe to come back to school with so much uncertainty? What are the risks and what are the latest safety requirements? What do the authorities have to say about this? Here we will take a look at the information provided by authoritative sources.
Fantastic Services remains fully operational and our high-end professional Antiviral Sanitisation can be booked for schools and school buses to ensure classrooms are properly disinfected and safe.
Government guidelines for reopening schools
Since the 5 tests of the government have been met, from 1st of June yearly year children and primary school students are welcomed back. Secondary school and beyond will be welcomed back from 15 June, if the situation continues to improve. However, preventing the spread of COVID-19 remains a top priority and infection protection and control measures have been outlined. Here are some of them:
- Staff and children with COVID-19 symptoms should stay at home and self-isolate.
- Regular handwashing for at least 20 seconds and using hand sanitizer.
- Minimising physical contact as best as possible.
- Sanitising high-touch surfaces and areas with common products such as rubbing alcohol and bleach.
- ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach to ensure respiratory hygiene.
The government DOES NOT recommend wearing personal protective equipment (such as face masks) in schools. You can find the government guidelines here.
World Health Organization COVID-19 recommendations for schools
Now let’s take a look at what WHO has outlined as effective measures for minimising the spread of the disease.
- Individuals with symptoms should not come to school. Self-isolation is crucial.
- Schools should continue to remind everyone attending to adhere to social distancing.
- Access to water, sanitation, and waste management should be provided to all individuals attending.
- Regular hand-washing and using hand sanitisers should be enforced.
- Highly touched surfaces and areas should be disinfected daily.
- Avoid unnecessary touching.
- If possible, there should be at least 1-metre space between desks.
- Sports, games, and other activities that require crowding should be avoided.
What children are at risk from COVID-19?
According to the NHS, the following conditions increase the risk of developing serious illness:
- Severe lung conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, and COPD.
- Taking immunosuppressant medication or high doses of steroids.
- Heart conditions.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- Obesity (40 BMI or higher).
Antiviral Deep Cleaning for Schools
If a school has suffered a confirmed case of COVID-19, we are ready to take action and provide a comprehensive service to properly disinfect the rooms and areas that have been contaminated. Here is what our antiviral sanitisation includes:
- Done by expert cleaning technicians
- Using professional-grade equipment
- Certified non-toxic virucides
- Lab-tested and proven to kill 99,999% of germs
- Emergency services available 24/7
Book antiviral sanitisation for school classrooms and buses
Enter your postcode to get started:
- Last update: July 16, 2020
Posted in Company Stories
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.