- Fantastic Team
- 3min read
- Published: April 9, 2020
- Views: 432
Can Pest Controllers Work During the Coronavirus Lockdown?
During a lockdown, it is hard to imagine sharing your household with rodents or nasty insects. Now, when home and workplace hygiene is more important than ever, it is vital to get rid of any pests that might have invaded your property.
You’re probably wondering whether is this possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. Are pest professionals allowed to visit your home and is it safe for you and your family? Let us explain.
Are pest controllers allowed in your house?
Yes, according to the BPCA (British Pest Control Association), in an official publication, the British Governments confirmed:
“Pest professionals should go into work where it is safe and they are not symptomatic, following relevant PHE [Public Health England] guidance.”
– Michael Gove MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office
Also, the latest British Government guidance states:
“You are a tradesperson carrying out essential repairs and maintenance in people’s homes. You can continue work, providing that you are well and have no symptoms. You should notify all clients in advance of your arrival.”
Since the job cannot be performed from home, it means that pest controllers are still allowed to visit properties, in order to make assessments and implement pest control solutions.
Which companies can deliver pest control services during a lockdown?
Now, when you already know that your home, restaurant or office can be professionally treated, you have to consider a couple of matters before choosing service providers. Having the right to do something and doing it right are two completely different things.
During these challenging times, you need to be very cautious when allowing someone to visit your home. When choosing a company for the job, make sure that they take all the preventive measures by following relevant safety procedures.
How is Fantastic Services performing pest control jobs during the COVID-19 outbreak?
We continue to deliver emergency pest control treatments in the UK. Every day, we are closely monitoring the spread of the virus and ensuring that each technician is following all guidelines for sanitisation, cleanliness and precaution, provided by the NHS, the British Government and WHO.
Our customers’ health and well-being are of utmost priority for us and we are trying to help them go through this as safely as possible. All pest control professionals, we work with, are required to perform daily body temperature checks, keep a distance of 1.5 meters, wear full protective gear and disinfect all tools and equipment used for the job.
What services do we deliver during the lockdown?
According to a publication by University of Kentucky:
“In the face of this challenge, we cannot lose sight of the vital importance of proper pest management in protecting our people, food and structures from troublesome insects.”
– Zachary DeVries, assistant professor of urban entomology in the UK College of Agriculture, Food and Environment.
Since most pests are considered disease transmitters, now, it’s more important than ever to get rid of any rats and mice, ticks, cockroaches and other nasty insects, which may have infested your property. Additionally, there are pests that can cause allergic reactions and others known to cause property damage that can lead to a financial loss, such as termites or other wood-destroying insects, as well as rodents.
During the lockdown, we, from Fantastic Services, are safely delivering the following services:
- Mice and rat control: The technicians perform an inspection of the property, seal all rodent-size holes and set baits in strategic places.
- Bed bug treatments: The bed bug treatment is performed in two visits /minimum/ with the use of insecticides. Also, a specialist can use a special heater to raise the temperature up to 56°C, which kills bugs in all stages of development, upon request.
- Cockroach control: The professional places special bait gel near the cockroach hotspots. Also, the pest specialist can arrive in a discretely branded van to perform the service discreetly and protect your image.
- Bird control: The pest controller installs humane bird-deterrent devices, such as nets, spikes and cans filled with a special repellent gel where needed. This prevents the birds from coming near your roof or balcony.
- Other pest treatments: We also offer fogging, wasp control, ant and silverfish treatments, fly control and many more.
So, if you need a safely provided pest control service, we offer same-day and emergency services by experienced and fully-equipped professionals.
Need a Pest Control Solution?
Find a professional to get rid of any insects and rodents.
- Last update: May 11, 2020
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.