- Fantastic Team
- 5min read
- Published: January 30, 2020
- Views: 614
5 Reasons NOT to Hire a Domestic Cleaner for End of Tenancy Cleaning
When the time comes for you to move out of your rented home, the big question becomes “Will I get my security deposit back?” In order to ensure your deposit comes back to you and you part ways with your landlord on good terms, you have to leave the place as clean as it was on the first day of your tenancy. For this, you need to book an end of tenancy cleaning service.
However, in our line of practice, we’ve noticed that a lot of tenants consider booking a standard domestic cleaning service at the end of their tenancy, thinking it would be just as effective. And more affordable. This, however, couldn’t be any further from the truth.
In this post, we will explain why you need a specialized end of tenancy cleaning before moving out.
This article is for all of you who:
- Are moving out of a rented place;
- Want to get your deposit money back.
What is the domestic cleaning service?
For our professional cleaning team, a domestic cleaner is someone who will come to your place and do standard cleaning, which includes dusting, hoovering, making beds, doing laundry and ironing. A domestic cleaning service can be:
- Regular domestic cleaning, where a cleaner would come to your place on a regular basis.
- One-off domestic cleaning, where a cleaner would perform the service once. This is perfect for spring cleaning, after a light renovation, or after a party.
Both services provide great help to tenants and homeowners who don’t have the time to clean by themselves. However, neither of these services provides the deep clean your landlord requires of you before you move out.
What is the end of tenancy cleaning service?
End of tenancy cleaning is performed by a team of specialized cleaners who follow an extensive checklist of deep clean tasks. This service guarantees that you will receive your security deposit back. It’s a professional service used by tenants, landlords and agencies to ensure the property is in the best condition it can be. There was probably an end of tenancy cleaning performed in the property before you moved in, either paid for by the landlord or the previous tenants.
Need a professional end of tenancy cleaning service?
Fantastic Services is here for you!
We are certified:
5 things an end of tenancy cleaner would do that a domestic cleaner wouldn’t
Now that we’ve roughly explained the nature of the different cleaning services, here is a list of five things you won’t get from a domestic cleaner. However, your landlord expects them to be done in order to return your deposit.
- Carpet cleaning. A domestic cleaner will hoover your carpet as best they can, but if it has old stains, it will need steam cleaning. Domestic cleaners would not do this, but it is a part of the end of tenancy cleaning service.
- Clean light fixtures. It’s not something people usually clean on a regular basis, so a domestic cleaner would probably overlook light switches, sockets, lamps and shades. An end of tenancy cleaner would most certainly not.
- Clean inside and around kitchen appliances. A one-off cleaner will wipe around and inside your kitchen appliances. However, an end of tenancy cleaner will remove all grime, mildew and food deposits from the inside of your fridge. The same goes for your washing machine and dishwasher. The lint filters of your tumble dryer will be cleaned out. Your microwave and toaster will be spotless. But most importantly – the end of tenancy cleaners will degrease the inside of the oven. Oven cleaning is its own separate service, just like carpet cleaning. However, if you book the end of tenancy cleaning, it becomes part of the package.
- Clean limescale in the bathroom. Another task only the end of tenancy cleaning team does. The professionals will not just remove all limescale, but they will also clean taps and fittings, clean the soap dispenser, check for hair around the drains, clean the toothbrush glass. They will also wipe the extractor fans and the top pipework behind the toilet bowl if accessible.
- Clean places you usually forget about. The things you usually forget to clean by yourself include picture frame tops, door tops, curtain rails. Fingerprints accumulate on every surface, but it’s easy to forget to remove them from doors, window screens and mirrors. An end of tenancy cleaner would also remove the cushions from a sofa and hoover inside it.
Hire an end of tenancy cleaner today!
If the time has come for you to leave the rented place for another, or to move into your own, don’t hesitate to hire a professional end of tenancy cleaner. This is the only cleaning service that guarantees you get your security deposit back. Don’t forget, the Fantastic Services team is always ready to aid you in your journey to your new home!
Visit the main website for price rates on our professional end of tenancy cleaners!More
- Your landlord will not return your security deposit unless you have booked a professional end of tenancy cleaning service;
- A domestic cleaning service, no matter the provider, is not a good substitute for an end of tenancy clean and will not be accepted by your landlord as a job well done;
- An end of tenancy cleaning service includes carpet steam cleaning, oven degreasing and other important tasks that are not included in a standard cleaning service;
- An end of tenancy cleaner guarantees you get your deposit back.
Do you know someone who has hired a standard domestic cleaner instead of an end of tenancy cleaner to save money? How did that go for them? Tell us in the comments!
Image source: VGstockstudio/shutterstock.com
- Last update: February 4, 2020
Posted in Cleaning Guides
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.