- Fantastic Team
- 7min read
- Published: November 26, 2018
- Views: 6,668
How Much Does Window Cleaning Cost In The UK
There is a great variety among window cleaners and window cleaning companies when it comes to pricing. You can be charged by the hour, per window, or receive a fixed price, depending on a set of different factors. That’s why a simple answer like “the average cost of window cleaning is 30 pounds” could be quite misleading (if not plain wrong).
To help you make an informed decision as a customer, we’ve gathered the most important pricing factors regarding the window cleaning service. In addition to that, here you’ll find out what to expect when you hire a window technician. And most of all, what risks and dangers you should avoid to protect yourself from unprofessional practices.
Let’s get started with the pricing elements that matter the most.
- Are thinking of getting your windows professionally cleaned;
- Want to know how much it costs;
- Are interested in how the price is formed,
Then read on! This article will answer your questions.
What are the main pricing factors?
We present you a list of the seven most important factors that influence the average window cleaning cost:
1. The type of your property
The scale of the window cleaning project is determined by the size and type of the property. There will be a significant price variation between servicing a flat, a terraced house, or a mansion.
The number of bedrooms is an important factor as well. After all, each separate room comes with its own set of windows that need to be cleaned.
2. The number of floors
The accessibility of the windows is a major factor in the window cleaning business. The tools and techniques used for this service depend on which floor is the highest window. The approach and the cost may vary if the windows are on the ground floor, on the fourth floor or higher. Every technician comes with a different set of equipment and that is why you must be very specific when describing your property.
3. What side is to be cleaned
What side is to be cleaned also affects the overall cost. Whether you want to have your windows cleaned on the inside, outside or maybe both sides, will have an impact on the time and labour costs.
4. Frequency of services
How often would you like to have the windows professionally cleaned? It makes a difference whether you need it just once or you want repeated visits, for example, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or every 2 months.
5. Special window cleaning
Of course, there are other glass structures like conservatories, glass roofs, and skylights. These transparent constructions require some attention as well from time to time. That is why it would be nice to carry out their maintenance at the same time as the washing of the other, most common types of windows. There are many cost-effective window cleaning deals that you opt for.
6. In combination with other cleaning services.
The maintenance of your home requires more than window cleaning and also may include gutter and patio cleaning. Well established companies offer a wide variety of services and give you the option to combine them with a significant discount. This may be a wise choice as it will save you time and money. Also, having a single technician cleaning all the window, gutter and patio areas at your property is a lot more convenient than booking three separate services.
7. Frames and sills cleaning
Not all companies handle the cleaning of the frames and sills as part of their service. To avoid any unpleasant surprises, we advise you to ask about exactly what you will get before you make a booking.
How much does residential window cleaning cost? The Pricelist:
The price of residential window cleaning may vary between £37 to £81 on average, based on the seven pricing factors mentioned above. Certainly, there are much cheaper offers that go as low as £1 per window. But before you consider going for the cheapest option, pay attention to the following details:
- Is someone cutting corners just to reduce the price? What happens if someone gets injured while cleaning your property? Are the workers insured? Try to put things in perspective and decide if short-term savings outweigh the risks you are willing to take.
- Is this an actual legit company or just someone who is killing time between jobs? Just like in any other relationship the main question is who can you trust.
- What about the training and selection of employees? If a company wants to provide you with the highest quality of service it will invest in its workforce. Offering the cheapest probably means hiring the cheapest as well. So it is up to you, as a customer, to decide if this is the service you really want.
Now that we have mentioned all the important factors of pricing and questions to be asked before the actual service, it’s time for a quick reference so you can have a clear idea for an average window cleaning cost. We’ve included our own price list of residential window cleaning services as follows:
|Property Type||Outside||Inside||Both sides|
|Masionette flat|| £50
|Detached house|| £59
|Window Cleaning Deals | Combine and Save|
|Combine with End of Tenancy Cleaning service and get up to 15% discount – Call us to book the deal.|
T&C and Minimum Charges apply. When we calculate the price, we also take into consideration the area’s dimensions and the time of the appointment. All prices and deals are valid for areas within M25. Deals cannot be combined with any other deals and promotions. Prices are subject to availability. Congestion charges are excluded (when applicable).
In addition, you can take advantage of the window cleaning price calculator you will find on the second step of our online booking process. That’s how you get an estimated price for the service you may need.
Get your quote for a professional window cleaning service!
What does the service include and what should you expect from it?
Are you are looking for a trustworthy professional window cleaning service? Then there are certain things you should be expecting from the provider. Here they are:
- Professional up-to-date equipment. High-quality results come from high-quality equipment and that’s what a professional service has to offer. A high-reach water fed pole for windows up to the 4th floor will be enough for your house window cleaning needs to be covered completely.
- An eco-friendly method that uses only purified water. Modern city life comes with certain downsides and chemical pollution is one of them. That’s why our truly green window cleaning service is done with ultrapure water.
- Insured and certified technicians. Just like any other service, window cleaning comes with certain risks for your property and the safety of the people involved in it. A good company offers clear liability and insurance in the rare case when things go wrong. They also provide certificates as an additional proof of the quality and standards the cleaners adhere to.
- Flexible appointments. Urban life usually puts a lot of stress on your schedule. This is exactly why the convenience of booking a service that fits your timetable can give you additional peace of mind.
- Area coverage. It doesn’t matter how good a window cleaner is if he doesn’t operate in the area where you live. Hiring a company with a wide area coverage gives you freedom from the limitations of regional cleaners.
- Protection of your privacy. When the window cleaner uses a water fed pole there’s no need for him to enter your home. All windows are accessed from the outside, without any ladders, so there’s no intrusion into the privacy of your rooms.
The risks of doing window cleaning on your own
- You risk an injury from falling. According to the World Health Organization “falls are the second leading cause of accidental or unintentional injury deaths worldwide”. Given that information, you may reconsider the urge to climb ladders or chairs for a quick DIY window washing.
- You can damage the exterior of your home. Even if you feel confident and competent enough to do the cleaning on your own, keep in mind that any accidental damage on your property should be covered from your own pocket.
- Health hazards. With so many chemical window cleaning supplies and detergents on the market, even a Ph.D. degree in Chemistry might not be enough to make the right choice. Protecting yourself and your family from harmful effects and possible intoxication should be your main priority. That’s easy to accomplish by hiring a professional to do the job.
Still, if you decide to do it yourself, check out our blog post on the topic. It will walk you through how to clean your windows including hard-to-reach ones.
Getting help from a professional window cleaner
As you’ve seen so far, the average cost of window cleaning depends on many factors and the service covers risks that can be easily avoided. When you want to get the highest quality of service, there’s no substitute for an experienced and certified window cleaner.
- Prices will vary from one company to the next.
- The cost will depend on a number of factors, such as the size and type of property, the number of floors, which side is to be cleaned, etc.
- The price can vary between £37 and £81 on average.
- Keep in mind what the service includes and what you can expect.
- Cleaning your windows yourself can be risky. It is recommended to get them professionally washed.
Did you find this information useful? Do you have any additional questions? Leave a comment below!
- Last update: March 4, 2020
Posted in Window Cleaning Tips
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.