- Fantastic Team
- 5min read
- Published: June 18, 2019
- Views: 381
How to Clean the Inside of a Conservatory Roof
It’s summer again! The weather is nice and the best way to relax during the weekends is to enjoy a nice book and a glass of refreshing lemonade in your sunshine-filled conservatory. However, dust, mould and cobwebs can block the sun rays and make the conservatory feel less welcoming.
- enjoy basking in the sunshine
- like a clean and healthy environment
- love to see your reflection in crystal clear windows
Then follow our complete guide on how to safely and easily clean the inside of your conservatory roof.
Some risks you need to consider before cleaning
Washing the inside of your conservatory is no easy feat, especially when you think about all of the high and hard-to-reach places. There are several precautions one must take when cleaning at certain heights. The harder-to-reach the dirty spot, the greater the number of safety measures one must follow.
- If possible, avoid using ladders. Regardless of the height of your conservatory ceiling, ladders can easily give away under pressure. If you have no other choice, try to secure the bottom of the ladder by covering the flooring with a rug or a welcome mat so it doesn’t slide. Also, do not position the ladder on the window panes, otherwise they can break and you can hurt yourself. Ideally, you would have someone holding the base of the ladder.
- Use a water-fed pole or an extendable pole. This way you will skip climbing a ladder altogether and prevent injuries from accidentally falling down. There are also window vacuums that can be attached to an extendable pole that you can use to gather the dirty water.
- Choose a cold and cloudy day to clean the inside of your conservatory. Since conservatories are practically a big sauna with windows, cleaning inside one can be very uncomfortable if you add heat and chemicals to the equation. Not only will your cleaning detergent dry faster, but the evaporated chemical particles can make you feel nauseous.
- Speaking of chemicals, try to use natural and homemade solutions when cleaning. Commercial window cleaning solvents often contain chemicals which are toxic if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. If you use strong and harsh chemicals while cleaning your conservatory ceiling, you also risk becoming dizzy or worse – passing out while still on the ladder.
Materials you will need
- Feather duster
- Extendable pole
- Soft-bristle brush head
- Non-abrasive sponge
- A hand-held window cleaning vacuum
- Homemade window cleaner
- Hose adaptor
- Lint-free microfibre cloths
- Old sheets
- Helmet (optional)
How to clean the inside of a conservatory roof
In order to be safe and avoid injuries, you must carefully follow this step-by-step guide:
- Take any bulky furniture such as tables and chairs outside the conservatory. This way you’ll be able to move around with the equipment without bumping or hitting the furniture during the cleaning process.
- Lay down an oilcloth on the floor and cover the remaining pieces of furniture with old sheets. They will gather the excess water so that it won’t damage the floor.
- Open the conservatory’s windows and doors. This will reduce the inside temperature and the high humidity levels.
- Take a feather duster and swipe the blinds to remove cobwebs and large dust particles. Do not forget to dust around your conservatory ceiling fan, if you have one. Go over the blinds and the ceiling fan with a wet microfibre cloth to clean the remaining dust.
- Fill a bucket with a homemade window cleaning detergent of your choice.
- Bring in the remaining cleaning equipment.
- Attach the soft-bristle brush head on one side of the extendable pole and a squeegee on the other.
- If you’re not using an extendable pole, put a helmet and place the ladder in a safe position.
- Dip the brush head into the washing solution.If your windows and frames are particularly dirty or have nicotine stains, you need to prepare a stronger homemade mixture.
- Start scrubbing the conservatory ceiling using vertical motions.
- After you’ve agitated the dirt, either rinse it with the hose adaptor or use the window vacuum to remove the dirty water.
- Dip a non-abrasive sponge into the homemade cleaner and wring it out. Make sure to frequently change the cleaning solution or else you will smear dirt on your window panes.
- Scrub the window frames and ceiling details.
- Wipe them with a lint-free microfibre cloth.
- Leave the ceiling and windows to dry naturally.
Hire a professional
No matter which side of your conservatory you need to clean, it can take you from a few hours up to a full day to properly wash everything. Fantastic Services offers a conservatory window cleaning service, so you don’t have to take an extra day off work or devote your whole weekend just to wash your conservatory. The fully-trained window cleaners guarantee quality results by using only chemical-free and eco-friendly techniques. Why not enjoy a cold drink while the professionals take care of the dirty work?
Learn what conservatory cleaning solutions we offer by visiting our main website.Learn more
- Always take precautions when cleaning hard to reach spots.
- Clear away any furniture that might get in the way or become a safety hazard.
- Ensure that none of the detergents will harm you or make you dizzy.
- Clean the inside of your conservatory roof on a cloudy and cold day.
- Do not forget to clean the ceiling fan and details.
We hope you found our article helpful and informative. If you happen to have any extra cleaning tips regarding the topic, please share them in the comment section below!
Image source: Deposit Photos / davidmartyn
- Last update: June 20, 2019
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.