- Fantastic Team
- 2min read
- Published: January 8, 2018
- Views: 1,425
How to Clean Up Pine Needles from Carpet
If you have a real Christmas tree at home, then you already know you’ll have a mess on the carpet by the time you dispose of it. Not only are pine needles difficult to get out from carpet fibers, they also have sap that makes them stick to the surface, making it even more difficult to get rid of.
How to Prevent Pine Needles from getting on the Carpet
Like in most cases, prevention is better than the cure. If you think ahead and make the necessary preparations before putting the Christmas tree in the house, you don’t need to read the rest of this article.
- Lint roller. A furniture lint roller wrapped around your carpet is all you need. Once the holidays are over, you can simply gather the pine needles and throw them away in the trash. Your carpet is safe. You can do the same with a simple garbage bag under the Christmas tree, only it might not look aesthetically good.
- Spray with shellac or veneer. Before hanging your real Christmas tree, spray it with a light veneer or shellac. This will prevent the needles from falling.
- Simply place the Christmas tree away from the carpet. It sounds like a no brainer, but if your home offers a room without a carpet, with say laminate or hardwood flooring, it would be a good idea to place your Christmas tree there. This way, at the end of the season, you can simply sweep the needles away.
How to Clean up Pine Needles from Carpet
You can always get on your hands and knees and pick the needles one by one with your favourite tweezers, or you can read what the Fantastic Services team would advice for this situation.
- Get rid of the sap. In order to break down the sap adhesive, apply a dry foam carpet shampoo and let it sit overnight. Rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer do relatively the same trick of loosening the sap.
- Brush. The next morning, use a stiff brush to dislodge the needles.
- Hoover. If the shampoo has done its job well, your house hoover would be enough to get rid of the needles. You can also opt for renting an industrial hoover to make sure you get each one of them.
- Gather leftovers with duct tape. If a few needles are still left, you can use duct tape to pull them out of the carpet. You can also use this method if you are certain there is no sap. It should be relatively easy.
Clean up After the Holidays with Fantastic Services
Disposing of the Christmas tree and the clean up of its residue is not a hard task, but not everyone has the time, or desire to put in the effort. Not to mention, people with bad backs wouldn’t want to bend down and pick up pine needles with tweezers.
That is why, the Fantastic Services team offers the perfect service for you – Christmas tree disposal, along with cleaning up pine needles from the carpets and furniture. Put all your effort in making the holidays unforgettable, and we will deal with the tedious chores.
Book Professional Carpet Cleaning with Fantastic Services
We are certified:
Header image source: melis/shutterstock.com
- Last update: February 20, 2019
Posted in Carpet Cleaning Tips
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.