- Fantastic Team
- 3min read
- Published: March 2, 2020
- Views: 37
The Fantastic Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Have you ever wanted to give your kitchen a good clean, but had no idea where to start? We’re sure that many have had the same problem. That’s why we have prepared a simple kitchen cleaning checklist to help you out!
Separated into daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly tasks, this kitchen cleaning schedule is easy to follow and is sure to help you on your journey to a spotless kitchen!
So, if you:
- Want to clean your kitchen;
- Are looking for an organised way to do it,
Then this kitchen cleaning checklist is for you!
These are all activities you should perform daily to keep your kitchen in good shape. Taking care of these small tasks regularly means you’ll have less work to do the next time you get around to deep cleaning the kitchen.
- Wash any dirty dishes or run the dishwasher.
- Empty the dishwasher if needed.
- Empty the rubbish bin.
- Wipe the kitchen counters and the table.
- Clean your stovetop.
- Wipe any spills as soon as they occur from all floors, surfaces and appliances.
- Sweep the floor.
Next up on our kitchen cleaning checklist are the weekly tasks. You don’t have to do these tasks as often but they’re still important in order to keep your kitchen looking its best.
- Sort the fridge out and throw away any expired products and leftovers.
- Replace your tea towels and throw the old ones in the washing machine.
- Wash the rubbish bin and let it air dry.
- Clean the kitchen sink and the drain.
- Sanitise the drying board and dish drainer.
- Clean the small appliances – toaster, kettle, microwave, etc.
- Clean the exterior of your large kitchen appliances.
- Dust any light fittings and other surfaces.
- Wipe and polish any glass surfaces.
- Mop the floor.
No kitchen cleaning checklist is complete without these monthly activities. These are the larger tasks that you only need to do once in a while. However, they are just as important to the wellbeing of your kitchen.
- Sort through the freezer and throw away any expired food.
- Clean the inside of the fridge. Don’t forget the drip pan!
- Clean the dishwasher inside and out.
- Wipe and organise your cupboards and drawers.
- Spot clean the tile grout where necessary.
- Degrease any surfaces where cooking grease may gather – cabinets, cooker hood, etc.
The final stop on this kitchen cleaning checklist is the quarterly tasks. You only need to perform them a few times a year, so sit back and relax for now, but don’t forget to tackle them when the time comes!
- Deep clean the oven inside and out.
- Clean the fridge coils. Remember to unplug your refrigerator first!
- Sort through your spices and throw out any old and expired ones. Make a list of what needs to be replenished.
- Get rid of broken cookware, dishes and utensils.
- Declutter your kitchen, cabinets and counters.
No time to clean your kitchen?
If cleaning your kitchen often is simply not possible, or if you just want to spend your time elsewhere, don’t worry! Fantastic Services can help! Our regular cleaning service may just be what you need. The experienced and professional cleaners can take care of your kitchen for you and leave you free to do the things you enjoy.
Need a Cleaner?
Find a professional to take care of your home.
- You can perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks to make cleaning easier.
- Taking care of the small daily tasks will save you time and effort in the long run.
- Large appliances only need to be cleaned monthly, but that depends on how much you use them.
- Remember to throw away any expired products from your fridge and freezer.
Did you enjoy this post? How did you get on with cleaning your kitchen? Let us know in the comments!
Image source: shutterstock / FotoDuets
Posted in Cleaning Guides
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.