It’s a well-known fact that there are several life events which have the power to turn even the Dalai Lama into a Tasmanian Devil. You might be looking for a new job, trying to organise the mother of all weddings or….. here it comes…*dramatic music*… moving into a new home.
The Sun readers gained some insight into avoiding an Oscar worthy family meltdown come moving day. Here are some of the most common mistakes people make prior to the big moving day:
- Forgetting to plan ahead – You are all probably nodding your beautifully coiffed heads in agreement with this one. It sounds simple enough and it can be if you make a detailed list and do not leave it till the eleventh hour.
- Thinking you can do DIY – You might think that you are saving yourself a few precious pennies, but if you do not have the right tools and know-how, you could be making those small odd jobs into something more complicated, time-consuming and expensive. Proper research and planning can go a long way and always remember that there are professionals who can help you before you get yourself into a great big pickle.
Rune’s Top Tips
We understand that it will be impossible to prepare for every little hump and setback that are bound to appear when you least expect it. But our CEO Rune Sovndahl shared some of his top tips which can hopefully make the whole operation smoother and less-stressful. Here are some of our favourites, but if you would like more, head on over to The Sun to read the article in full.
- Declutter – If you allow yourself plenty of time, moving can be a good opportunity to go through and sort out any unwanted or used items which have been pushed to the very darkest depths of your house. Plus, it will also mean you have fewer things to pack and transport. Bonus!
- Use bin bags for hanging items in the closet – This rather ingenious hack will save you bags of time. Place your hanging clothes in large black bin bags, secure all the hangers together with an elastic bag and voila! Easily and quickly transport your Sunday best to their new wardrobe. Unpack and hang up in a fraction of the time it would have taken you had you neatly crammed them into moving boxes.
So, now that we’ve covered the basic do’s and don’ts of moving, the only thing left to do is to start planning your next move. Here are some of the many ways Fantastic Services are on hand to make your house moving experience more enjoyable for you and your family:
- Packing & Removal Services
- Home & Office Removals
- House Clearance
- End of Tenancy Cleaning
Image source: Shutterstock / author: Solis Images