- Fantastic Team
- 2min read
- Published: July 9, 2018
- Views: 3,799
The Pros and Cons of Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning System
Traditional window cleaning usually includes the use of ladders, squeegees, some sort of chemical or eco-friendly solution and cloths for wiping. It’s a tedious job that requires a lot of physical efforts and the time to get it done may stretch from a few hours to a couple of days depending on the size of the property.
On the other hand, water fed pole window cleaning doesn’t require all these old-fashioned techniques and equipment. And it actually reduces the time to get the same or even better results. It has its own limitations, though. Here’s a brief comparison of the highlights and downsides of reach and wash systems.
Advantages of water fed pole window cleaning
Pure water window cleaning has become the preferred method to maintain commercial and domestic windows. The advantages of using it for both customers and professional window cleaners include:
- Time-saving. This is one of the major benefits of using the telescopic pole system. In a fast-paced world, every technique that reduces the time to get things done brings unparalleled value to both the property owners and the window cleaners.
- Safety. There is no price for human life as there are no spare parts for the human body. Working from the ground reduces and avoids many risks like falling from heights or ladders.
- Ease of use. It simplifies the process of window cleaning and that leads to a learning curve that’s actually not that extensive or time-consuming.
- Less physically demanding. There’s no need to carry around buckets full of water, climb up and down ladders or wipe windows for hours. And with the modern lightweight water fed poles, one doesn’t have to be Superman to work all day long.
- Windows stay clean for longer. The systems work with purified water that removes all the accumulated dust and grime from the glass panes without the use of any chemicals. What makes this possible is the ultra-pure state of the water as it has no dissolved solid particles in it. In this state, the water easily connects with all impurities on the glass surface. And the final result of this in-depth washing is a super smooth state of your windows. It takes a significantly longer for contaminates to start building up again on them, which guarantees you’ll enjoy the long-lasting sparkling effect.
- Can be done in rainy weather. Even light rain or drizzle will make ladders wet and slippery but with extendable poles, that’s no longer an issue.
- Versatile cleaning tool. Water fed pole goes beyond the usual window cleaning and can be used to get your window frames, sills, soffits and fascias back to their pristine condition. Removing dirt from flat glass roof lights and velux windows is child’s play thanks to the telescopic pole system. With its help, you can easily reach solar panels and conservatory roofs, too.
- Eco-friendly solution. The sponge and bucket method often relies on some chemical solution or detergent to remove dirt and stains from the glass and that poses health and environmental risks. On the other hand, water fed pole systems use only purified water that has no side effects and won’t do any harm to your property, your wellbeing or the local ecosystem.
The disadvantages of using water fed pole window cleaning method
If you need to decide which method fits your needs, be aware that reach and wash systems come with some drawbacks. Here they are:
- Windows will stay dirty (if not done properly). The importance of skilled cleaners that know the right technique is what makes the difference between mediocre and outstanding results. Just because someone holds an extendable pole doesn’t make him a window cleaner. Having the right equipment is one thing but having the expertise to use it is also important.
- Very dirty windows might not get bright and shiny from the first time. If your windows haven’t been washed for a very long time, it might be difficult the get the best result from a single session. That’s why professional cleaners suggest that taking care of your windows on a monthly basis pays off in the long run.
- Bird droppings are very difficult to remove and may require the use of additional accessories. However, a well-equipped team should be prepared for situations like these and work around the problem until it’s resolved.
Besides all the advantages of the high-reach pole, it shouldn’t be taken as a solution to every situation. Washing windows from the inside requires a different approach and in most cases, the traditional method is the preferred choice. To find more information on how to tackle inside windows, check out our handy blogpost on the topic. It will show you how to clean your windows and keep them sparkling at all times.
Now that you know the pros and cons of water fed pole window cleaning, it would be easier for you to choose the method that suits you best.
Do leave a comment below if you want to share your personal pros and cons about the water fed pole window cleaning!
- Last update: June 20, 2019
Posted in Window Cleaning Tips
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.