- Fantastic Team
- 5min read
- Published: October 5, 2020
- Views: 56
How Much Does a Dishwasher Installation Cost?
Whether you are buying your first dishwasher or replacing an old one, you need to think about how to install it. “I will install it myself” – you say. Even though dishwasher installation does not require advanced plumbing knowledge, it is still a time-consuming process. Moreover, it involves heavy lifting and electrical work that you might not be able to do without professional help.
To save yourself from this challenging task, consider hiring a specialist.
But how much does a dishwasher installation actually cost? To help you answer this question, we’ve prepared an entire blog post dedicated to it. Read on to find out!
So, if you:
- Have just bought a new dishwasher;
- Want to know a dishwasher installation cost;
- Are wondering what the service includes.
Then you are at the right place! Let’s start with how the price is being formed.
Each service has its specifics that affect the final price. For dishwasher installation, we have pinpointed four significant price-determining aspects. Those are:
The duration of the service
Regularly, dishwasher installation is an hourly-based service; therefore, the cost depends on the amount of work that professionals have to do. If you are replacing a similarly-sized unit, on average, it shouldn’t take more than an hour. However, if you haven’t had a dishwasher before, the technicians might need to install an electrical outlet and drain before fitting your appliance. This could increase the final price of the project.
The type of dishwasher and accessories
- Freestanding dishwashers are the easiest to install out of all other types considering there is no additional pipework required. These standalone units can be placed anywhere you have access to water and drainage;
- Integrated or built-in dishwashers typically come without a top-cover and sides, and might require additional carpentry work;
- Usually, material costs are included in the rate. However, along the process, the technicians might need additional accessories like hoses or power cords. Some modifications might be required to ensure that your appliance will not cause you any troubles after the installation.
If you want to dispose of your old appliance, there is a possibility to order an additional removal service. The technicians take the old appliance after the installation service is done and dispose of it in accordance with the recycling regulations.
In the kitchens, where there is no available space next to the existing water and drain lines, some carpentry and plumbing work might be required. It can involve anything from removing a cabinet to fit your appliance, to creating a separate island behind or across the sink.
Because different dishwasher models have different dimensions, you have to think in advance how to put it that way it won’t block your pathway or prevent cabinet doors from opening. If you want professional help with that, be ready to pay extra.
How much does the dishwasher installation cost?
As we already mentioned, the cost depends on a variety of factors.
Plumbing services are generally charged for a minimum of one hour. After that, you are paying for each following half-hour.
Another important factor is the time of your appointment. Usually, the appointments after 18:00 are charged at a higher rate. Weekend appointments tend to be more expensive as well. The average cost range of the dishwasher installation service in the UK varies between £55 and £100 per hour.
Your final price as well depends on the complexity of the installation. The more complicated the job, the more time a professional will need to finish it. That is why all the requirements should be specified in advance.
Before choosing an electrician, consider checking the following:
- Do some research. There are dozens of companies that offer similar services at different price rates. What benefits does one company bring you and another one doesn’t? Are the majority of reviews legit? Answer those questions before making your choice.
- Check the experience. Has the company been specialised in the service for some time? Do electricians have NICEIC certification? Is there a survey before you book a service? True professionals will always ask for your project specification to come fully prepared.
- Compare 3 different quotes. Get a few quotes from different technicians. Do any of them provide the best value for money? Is the company insured? Some electricians offer their services at lower rates, which might be a sign of insufficient qualification.
Now, when you know what you should be aware of when booking a dishwasher installation service, we have prepared our prices for a reference:
|Monday – Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|Appointments||8 am – 6 pm||6 pm – 10pm||8 am – 6 pm||8 am – 6 pm|
|Subsequent half hours||£46||£55||£55||£64|
*T&Cs and Minimum Charges apply. When we estimate the final price for electrical services, we also take into consideration the area’s dimensions. All prices and deals are valid for areas within M25. Deals cannot be combined with any other deals and promotions. Prices are subject to availability. Congestion charges are excluded (when applicable).
Our clients can as well become a member of an exclusive club and enjoy benefits, discounts and members-only deals. To learn more, visit our Fantastic Club membership page.
What does the service include?
- If your old dishwasher hasn’t been removed yet, the professionals will make sure that it’s disconnected and removed without causing damage to the items around;
- The technicians examine your new appliance for any damage that might have happened during transportation;
- Before installing the dishwasher at your desired location, water supply will be turned off;
- Then, the pros will properly hook the new appliance up to the waterline and install a drain hose;
- The next step is to connect all the electrical parts and fit it into the cabinet or place it in the desired spot;
- Finally, the dishwasher is tested on any dysfunctions or leaks, and it is ready to be used;
- If you request disposal of your old appliance, it will be done afterwards.
Thinking to hire someone to install your dishwasher?
Book a dishwasher installation service with Fantastic Services! The qualified and certified technicians we work with are able to handle various dishwasher installation projects regardless of the appliance’s brand. Do you need someone to dispose of your old appliance after the installation? We can help you with that too! Just let us know what you need at least one day in advance, and enjoy your free time!
Struggling with the dishwasher installation?
Check available slots for the professional installation.
- There are many factors contributing to the final price like the time the service takes, the type of the installation, the complexity of the project and additional materials;
- The average dishwasher installation cost fluctuates between £55 and £100;
- Get your appliance installed by qualified specialists to prevent struggles in the future;
- Make sure that the desired installation location is not farther than 1 meter from water supply and drain;
- Specify your requests when you book a service. That way you save yourself from unexpended charges.
Did you find this post helpful? If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section down below.
Image source: Shutterstock/TommyStockProject
- Last update: October 9, 2020
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.