- Fantastic Team
- 6min read
- Published: April 22, 2020
- Views: 217
How Much Does Garden Maintenance Cost in the UK?
Having a front and back yard that’s straight out of a magazine cover is something we all want. But let’s be honest. It’s often hard to keep up with all the chores, and unless you’re green-fingered, your front and back yards are the last to get attention.
Thankfully, there are a bunch of crazy-good gardeners who still make sure your home has a green, lush yard and receives the much needed TLC.
But what are the garden maintenance prices? With most companies, you’re never sure what you’ll pay, how they form the price and exactly what work goes into “maintenance”.
So, if you want to find out:
- What exactly you’re paying the gardeners for;
- How gardening companies form the price;
- And how much it’s going to cost you.
Then keep on reading as we have all of this information, and more, below!
What are the pricing factors for garden maintenance?
Before revealing the truth of how much gardeners charge, you need to learn what is the charging scheme that forms the garden maintenance prices. Every professional charges different prices and has a different way of providing the service. Since most gardeners charge hourly, the garden maintenance cost depends on the amount of work needed.
Here are six of the most significant factors that influence the gardening services prices:
- Area size
What is the area – flat or hilly? How big is it? Are there difficult-to-access sections? The answers to all these questions play a significant role in determining the price of your gardening service.
Depending on how well-maintained your front and backyard currently are, the gardening costs may vary. An overgrown area takes more time, and sometimes even an additional garden clearance service should be performed. It also makes a difference whether you need the service just once or you want repeat visits, for instance, weekly, monthly or every 2 months.
- Types of plants
The more specific the plants and flowers in your yard are, the more fertilising, weeding and pruning attention they require. However, during the autumn season, native plants may cause more detritus. All of these factors influence the time frame, and therefore the final price for the gardening service.
- Equipment and materials
Most gardeners will come equipped to perform the usual tasks. However, if there are more specific chores, which require individual attention and extra equipment, they may incur additional costs that are not included in the standard rate.
- Number or gardeners
A team of two or three gardeners will do the job much quicker than a solo professional. Even if the price per hour for one gardener is lower, consider the fact that the service will take longer.
During the winter, yards are less likely to require special attention. Spring and summer are the seasons when the gardens “awake” and need special care. The high-demand of the gardening services in the summer can influence the pricing.
Now that you already know how the garden maintenance prices are calculated, we can answer the question of “how much do gardeners charge?”.
How much does garden maintenance cost per hour?
It’s very hard to guesstimate a fixed price for the garden maintenance service. Each company has its own standards and the costs differ considerably. Most UK companies charge an hourly rate. The prices for gardening maintenance vary between £20 and £110 per hour on average. Additionally, most garden maintenance jobs require at least two hours minimum charge.
If you think about going with a cheaper option, you need to consider the following points:
- Do not take risks! Make sure that the company you hire has its employees insured. What happens if someone gets injured while delivering the gardening service? Saving small money today can cost you more down the road.
- Trust is vital. Choose a legit company, with history and proven over time. After all, you let these people in your home. It’s important to trust them.
- Are the gardeners experienced? There’re many people who are working as gardeners part-time for an additional income and do not have the required training. Their price rates will probably be lower, but you’ll need to decide between quality and value.
Now, when you know all the factors that you need to be aware of when booking gardening services, we will give you a reference for our professional garden maintenance service:
Fantastic Services price list:
| Summer prices
valid from April till August
| Winter prices
valid from September till March
| Fantastic Club
valid all year round
T&C and Minimum Charges apply. When we estimate the time for your appointment and the final gardening price, we are taking into consideration the area’s dimensions and condition. All prices and deals are valid for areas within M25. Deals cannot be combined with any other deals and promotions. Prices are subject to availability. Congestion charges are excluded (when applicable).
The quality of service is of the utmost priority for our company. The experienced and skilful professionals do not make compromises with their work. They perform garden maintenance with attention to detail, creativity and accuracy.
Need help with your garden?
Get your quote for our garden maintenance service now!
What does the garden maintenance service include?
Before booking a garden maintenance service, you need to know what to expect from the professionals. The service entails weeding, hedge trimming, lawn mowing and planting, however, the specialists can be also prepared to deliver additional solutions such as landscaping, pressure washing or gutter cleaning.
Since gardening service prices depend on quality, materials, labour and time frame, you need to make sure you receive a service that is worth it.
What to look for in a gardener?
There are a couple of things that you need to require from the company you’re going to book service from:
- Size of the company: Sometimes, newly launched small gardening companies don’t have the know-how and the quality standards, needed for an excellent gardening service, so keep in mind the number of employees and the range of gardening services they offer.
- License and insurance: Check if the gardeners who will visit your house are fully insured and the company is certified to provide this particular service.
- Timeframe: You should always ask approximately how long the job will take. Most of the gardeners are paid on hourly rates. However, keep in mind that on the day of the service, the time frame may vary slightly, depending on many factors.
- Ask for a quote: Understanding the pricing of the gardening service is quite important. Some companies, like us, are able to send you a quote.
Here is what to expect from Fantastic Services:
We work with local gardeners who provide excellent service for and boast proven expertise in:
- Hedge cutting: If your hedges have grown so much that they cover your pavement to obscure your windows, we can trim and shape them perfectly.
- Lawn mowing: Using their own powerful tool (the petrol-fuelled lawnmower) the team will perform the service correctly and quickly.
- Weeding: Our professionals will manually perform weed removal. In order to save your lawn from weeds and prevent them for longer. They could also apply a weed killer, upon request.
- Trimming of small trees and bushes: Pruning of small trees, bushes and shrubs is also included in the service. If the tree is under 12ft., they can take care of it. However, we also offer a tree surgery service separately for taller trees.
- Green waste removal: The gardeners will collect and dispose of up to 180l of green waste, free of charge.
- Planting, replanting and flower bed care: The skilled gardeners offer full care for flowers and other greenery. They can bring everything needed but in case you have some of the needed supplies, they can perform the service sooner. Even on the next day!
Does your garden need maintenance? We can help you right away!
See our available slots now!
Hire a professional gardener!
As we already mentioned, gardening maintenance is not an easy job. It requires special training and years of experience. The gardening specialists at Fantastic Services are insured, qualified and ready to assist you. From planting to hedge trimming and lawn mowing, they cover it all! You just need to book a service, sit and relax in your fresh and eye-pleasing garden.
- Different companies have different prices but also vary in quality standards.
- The cost of garden maintenance depends on multiple factors.
- Typically, the costs vary between £20 and £110 per hour.
- A garden maintenance service requires specific skills and training.
Did you find this post helpful? Do you have any further questions? Let us know in the comment section below!
- Last update: May 11, 2020
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.